A Note from Advancement Director Jim Hackney
Dear Friend of Kanuga,
During this time of uncertain operating conditions, Kanuga needs your support. On March 16, we communicated with you that the temporary closure through May would result in a $2,000,000 loss of revenue and that Kanuga did not have the reserve funds to get us through.
In response, 569 different gifts have been made in the last month. We are grateful for each and every one. They have come in all sizes, from $25 to $48,000. One of the most impressive things to see is the resourceful and creative ways you have supported this effort, including the following:
- Outright gifts online through credit of debit card or check
- Gift from donor advised funds or family foundations
- Amazon Gift Cards to support our employees
- Personal qualified retirement accounts
- Donating a gift annuity that the donor had at Kanuga by relinquishing all rights for payments, allowing Kanuga to use the current value of the annuity
- Donors giving Kanuga permission to move restricted gifts to the annual fund
- Donors allowing Kanuga to use income and endowment fund growth from restricted endowments to be used for the annual fund
- Matching gifts from employers
- Converting deposits and payments for conferences, guest period and camps to gifts
- Rewriting wills (does not count for current effort but will help Kanuga in the long run)
Many Kanuga staff have been furloughed and the ones remaining have taken pay cuts. We are committed to coming out on the other side of pandemic ready to serve you! Thank you for being our partners in making sure we survive.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about ways to give to Kanuga. Another way to help is by following us on Facebook or Instagram. Share with your friends and tag @kanugaconferences anytime you mention Kanuga. This is the “new” word of mouth and can make a very meaningful difference!
P.S. Save the date for #GivingTuesdayNow #GivingThanksNow – May 5, 2020!