After a comprehensive six-month renovation project, the 48-year old Kanuga Lake Inn has reopened for summer guests. Guests get to enjoy the inn’s legendary tranquility while savoring new updates such as improved accessibility for those with mobility issues, a new covered entry plaza, comfortable accommodations and beautifully appointed common areas. Environmentally sustainable practices were used throughout construction.
The renovation of the inn was the first phase of Restore & Renew: The Campaign for Kanuga. The $15 million capital campaign included $6.5 million for the inn’s extensive improvements. Thanks to the generous efforts of donors who understood the urgency of the campaign and the allure of Kanuga’s timeless offerings, the renovation was able to move ahead in a timely manner.
“It is so gratifying to have our summer guests be among the first to see the transformation of the Kanuga Lake Inn,” said Kanuga President Stan Hubbard. “Thanks to the generosity of many donors, we now have a facility that matches the scope and quality of Kanuga’s ministries—and opens exciting possibilities for Kanuga’s future.”
- Extensive renovations of rooms to provide accessible accommodations.
- New HVAC system with heating and cooling that can be controlled by the room’s occupant.
- Installation of a new covered entry plaza to provide easy access to the inn, rain or shine.
- The addition of an elevator connecting the new entrance to all floors.
- New covered porches added to most rooms and an expanded terrace on the first floor soon to be covered by a shade-giving arbor.
- New, comfortable and functional furniture.
- Queen and king beds.
- Improved lighting throughout.
- Completely renovated bathrooms.
- Replacement of electrical and plumbing systems.
Kanuga Lake Inn provides lakeside accommodations to Kanuga guests and sits at the heart of Kanuga Conference & Retreat Center. Other accommodations include Historic Cottages and Guest Houses.
Reservations for Kanuga Lake Inn can be made by calling 828-692-9136.