Arrival (afternoon of Opening Day)
Check-in is between 3–5 p.m. Please, no arrivals before 3:00 p.m.—the camp gates will remain closed until this time. If you arrive early, do NOT park on the main road in front of camp. This is a safety hazard!
Our streamlined check-in process:
- All campers will receive their health screening at their cabin with their counselor.
- Campers will sign in with their counselor at the cabin.
- Please pack your camper’s bedding in a separate bag that is easily accessible upon arrival.
Unexpected delays? Please notify the Summer Staff Office immediately at 828-692-9137. A telephone call will be made to any camper who has not arrived or telephoned by 5:00 p.m.
Opening day is extremely important as new campers form their first impressions. It is critical for camp staff and parents to work together to ease the transition:
- Plan to stay until your camper gets settled.
- After check-in, your camper’s luggage is picked up from the parking lot and delivered to their cabin. This takes some time, so we suggest that you pack bedding for their bunk in a separate bag to carry with you to the cabin. This avoids delaying the setup of the camper’s bed.
- When your child is settled, try to avoid long goodbyes. Encourage your camper to get involved immediately and make new friends.
Closing Day Ceremony
Family and friends are invited to participate in a closing celebration on the last day of camp. Come share in your campers experience, see a slideshow and hear camp stories. To attend the closing day celebration, please arrive no earlier than 2:00 p.m. (the gates will not open until that time). The celebration begins at 3:00 p.m. All campers will be signed out at the end of the closing ceremony at their cabin with their counselors around 3:30 p.m.
All campers must be signed out by a parent or guardian with the counselor at 3:30 p.m. on closing day. The sign-out process REQUIRES the parent or guardian to be present. Requests for late departures CANNOT be accommodated.